Each year, I am grateful to make it to January 1 alive and well. And, like a good little Virgo, I make a list of some things I’d like to accomplish in the next twelve months. Then, I set out to work through any ‘discomfort’ and plan to have a ton of fun.
After all, if we don’t show up for ourselves, who will show up for us? Last year I managed to accomplish everything on my bucket list and I hope to do the same this year. Join with me, encourage me, say a prayer or two. Changes – no matter how small or large – can be difficult to make without a support system. After I’m finished with this list, I’ll see what the Universe has in store for me for the following year. If you want to read about last year’s bucket list, click here.
This upcoming Bucket List is a fluid list, inspired by the book Twenty One Wishes. I reserve the right to edit as needed.
- Go car camping.
- Bike part of the Katy Trail.
- Save three months’ worth of living expenses in an Emergency Fund.
- Go Ice Skating.
- Learn to grill a steak. (First attempt: January 2. Not bad. Keep trying. ✅)
- Go back to visit Massachusetts. (✅ March 13-17)
- Take my son to Disneyland.
- Paint a picture.
- Visit Crystal Bridges. (✅ April 23, 2022)
- Drive a boat.
- Make a Vision Board.(January 1. ✅)
- See all 4 covered bridges in Missouri ( 1 – Bollinger Mill Bridge 1/25/2022. Bonus: The bridge in Ware, Massachusetts on March 14.)
- Walk 1,000,000 steps in a year.
- Receive an Ashiatsu massage (✅ April 2 – I highly recommend it if you like deep tissue work)
- Read the entire New Testament.
- Learn something new for professional development. (Pivot Tables in Excel – January 13 ✅)
- Visit the ocean. (✅ March 16, Hampton Beach, NH)
- Have a sleepover with my girlfriends. (✅ March 14-17 – Massachusetts, ✅April 7-8 – Arkansas)
- Grow something I can eat.
- Participate in a 5K.
- Fall in love. (✅ – February 6, 2022)