In an effort to declutter my home and simplify my life, I plan on giving one item away each day for the month of December. If it is successful, I may continue it through January. If it is an item you like, then you can have it…thus, being part of the “Reuse” part of the Three R’s for sustainable living. In addition, you may not want it, but know someone for whom the item is perfect! Great. feel free to share each post. Here are the rules:
1) All items are on a first come, first serve basis. The first person to comment “I’ll take that!” in the comments of the Facebook post will be the first to get it. Not “Oh, that’s pretty.” or “Oh, that’s nice” or “Oh, I like that!!”. Let’s be clear: “I’ll take that!” gets you the goods.
2) If you live in the 30 mile radius of Springfield, you have to pick up your item. If you live outside the radius – unless it’s a gift or timing is of the essence – I reserve the right to ship it at the end of the month. That way if you have more than one item, I can ship them together.
3) All items are free. No strings attached. You are under no obligation to keep them if they don’t serve your purpose once you get them. I only ask that YOU DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY. Give them to a charitable thrift store. (Did that condition sound like there are now strings attached?) My point is…my feelings won’t be hurt if you don’t like the item once you get it. It’s just stuff. I’m not attached to the outcome.
4) Items not claimed within 30 days of posting are going in a box to the Youth of the Ozarks thrift store. So, do not delay!
5) When this is all said and done…tell me if it was fun for you. I think it’s gonna be, but I’m a crazed lunatic when it comes to getting rid of clutter. I may not be the best judge of what is or what is not ‘fun’.